Put Your Business on the Map with Google My Business
Google My Business is an essential platform that literally puts your business on the map.
More specifically, Google Maps. Owners of GMB listings can invite additional users to own or manage a listing. Adding owners and managers lets users share the management of a listing without having to share personal account information. Owners, managers, and communications managers all have different levels of access to the listing.
Only an owner can add or remove users. However, a manager may remove himself or herself from a listing.
Add owners or managers
To add an owner or manager to a listing:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click Manage Locations
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage by clicking the name and address.
- Click Users from the left menu.
- In the top right corner, click the “Invite new managers” icon .
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager. In most situations, like adding an agency as a user, you would select Manager as the preferred role.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers.
When an invitation is accepted, the owners of the listing will be notified via email. All users in the account can view the names and email addresses of the owners and managers of the listing.